Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Firing on all eight cylinders

Another post that will appeal to the petrolheads !!! much to our relief I found the cause of the car running not just right. In my last post I mentioned that it just did not feel or sound right and of course typical bloke my mind started jumping to conclusion. Just like a man cold is the worst disease on earth, the car’s poor running was a burnt out valve, piston rings, a new engine required or even worse, doing the Stelvio pass in a rental Astra !!!

However taking a pragmatic approach I thought I would check each cylinder by checking the spark plugs, first 4 were fine showing nice combustion but number five was fouled. It was actually as I removed the HT lead I noticed a split in the recently fitted HT cable, a quick change of the lead, new plugs all round and the TVR was back on tune. I also added a new fuel filter, checked the timing and now everything is back to normal.

Less than a week to go now !!!
Hamish and Katie